Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How much primping do you think is okay in public? lipstick/lipgloss? powder? brushing hair?

i read an article that said don't do it at all. but a lot of people do a little bit. so according to you, what's ok? (it's so tempting to re-apply lip balm or something after eating!)How much primping do you think is okay in public? lipstick/lipgloss? powder? brushing hair?
I think it depends a great deal on where you are, because every country and even city will have different norms. I can't imagine it being as acceptable in ;places where fewer women wear makeup, for example.





In public, I think in most cases if it's something for comfort rather than vanity (such as applyin lip balm) then that's fine. Heck I even see men doing that in public. I think with touching up lipstick %26amp; powder it's generally OK as long as it's quick and you're not sitting there preening yourself for 10 minutes. I do however, think that whipping out an eyeliner or mascara in public is just too much - particularly because many people find it very awkward to look at someone almost poking something in their eye.





In the restroom, well, anything goes. The one thing that makes me cringe a bit though, is seeing women with a ton of makeup on already reapply a whole ton more in the restroom.How much primping do you think is okay in public? lipstick/lipgloss? powder? brushing hair?
It depends on the place. It's okay to do it in a bathroom if you clean up after yourself (sweep away stray hairs and loose powder off the counter). Brushing hair at a table in a restaurant is a no no. I don't want someone's hair to drift in the air and land in my food. I think it's okay to apply lip makeup (in solid form like sticks or balms) but anything involving brushing hair, or other makeup needs to be done in a bathroom. Liquid and powder makeup tends to spill everywhere if you're not careful.
reapplying lip balm after eating isn't horrible, everyone does it.


whichever article you read, well they can ********************************


to me, just make sure you're not like redoing your make up and fairly conditional. eg if it was a hot day and your face was all sweaty and your make up ends up going all bleh, then yea go ahead and touch up.


though other than lip gloss/balm/stick, i think that everything else should be done in the washroom and not out in the public public.
I always re-apply lip gloss and lip balm wherever I am. I would have never thought of that being improper edequtte, I see people do it everywhere! I think that it's alright to touch up other make up (like powder or mascara) and brushing your hair in the bathroom.


:)
mm... i think if you need chapstick or lipgloss go ahead. just do it in the restroom. powdering and brushing hair in public looks really funny and akward. at least i think so. i hope this helps
i read an article about that too actually. i think gloss or lipstick is okay but anything after that should really be done in the bathroom.
lip balm/ occasionally gloss- that's it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers