Friday, December 11, 2009

Lesbians : questions about ';lipstick lesbians';?

Please answer only if you're a lesbian or have close contact with lesbian community. No ';I think'; or ';I believe'; from outsiders please.





1. Is lipstick lesbian mostly a fantasy of hetero men? What is the approx percentage of them within the lesbian community?





2. Are lipstick lesbians mostly straight women who act gay just because it is ';trendy'; nowdays? Are they doing this to attract men's attention? I see a lot of such acts in clubs lately.





3. How do other lesbians view them within the community?





Thanks for the info.





PS: I have nothing against gay people and I have gay friends.Lesbians : questions about ';lipstick lesbians';?
1. No. Lipstick lesbians exist. I would say the percentage is about 30% of the entire gay female community, but many are not lesbians, but bisexuals. Of all lesbians, I would say less then 15% are lipstick, and another 50% are somewhat lipstick (may like makeup and have long hair but wear more andrg clothes or something). Among female bisexuals, a lot more are femme.





2. By definition, straight women acting bi for male attention are not lipstick lesbians. Lipstick lesbians are feminine lesbian or bisexual women. Women who are acting a little gay in a club are either 1) bisexuals who will only express it in a club full of men because that is the only place it feels safe or 2) just trying to get attention.





3. Total lipstick lesbains (the ones that look like supermodels) tend to be somewhat looked down upon but overall I think it is considered fine. Some of the butches and dykes look down on it and those tend to be the most visable people in the community, but the rest of us don't give a sh*t.Lesbians : questions about ';lipstick lesbians';?
No - there is no percentage rule. You just happen to notice either two lipstick lesbians (or feminine/butch) more. They stand out. There are also a lot of women that you may assume to be straight that are either bisexual or lesbian - you simply don't realize it. Report Abuse

joan s....





im bi and not all of us are the same.. for instance... i liked girls since before i was 9 years old and have still likes guys a bit... i've had several relationships with girls (i which i have never been the one to hit on them)... and am now in a relationship with a guy.. (didnt hit on him either...)... and it seems to be working out fine with me...


i think the situation depends on what you perfer... well... of coarse.. right?





and about the ';lipstick lesbians';...


mostly bisexuals...





but that straight people trying to act gay is a good guess thing... i see alot of that these days too... it pisses me off honestly...
I am not a lesbian but I do have many friends that are so I think I can answer at least one of your questions.





Lipstick lesbians create a lot of sterotypes about lesbians and even girl bisexuals. Lipstick lesbians kiss other girls for the fun of it, are curious, or to attract guys and this is not true of the others. They want a real loving relationship. You can see the problem. Also they don't want to get mixed up with some girl that is just playing around then get hurt later.





As for what someone else said lipstick lesbians are not bisexual. And it is a very hypocritical thing to say that their love is not as real as your or anybody else's love.
I am a feminine lesbian. Guys hit on me all the time and lesbians usually can't tell I'm gay. :( I hate it, but I'm not going to change who I am just so I can fit a stereotype. My biggest 'problem' is that I am attracted to feminine women. Hypocritically, many lesbians think that this is nasty or wrong. I just want to be me and I don't want a man-looking girlfriend. Thank goodness my girlfriend is like-minded!
1. Lipstick lesbians do exist in the lesbian community. I would say they make up 20% of the community. I usually date lipstick lesbians and they are 100% lesbians and they are not just fantasy of the men, they are my fantasy too (unfortunatly)


2. They are not straight women who act gay, they are gay women who do get the attention of men, but the men shouldn't be in the lesbian clubs to begin with.


3. I am a lesbian and I feel the more the merrier!
1. There is such thing as a lipstick lesbian...


2. Yes as a matter of fact it is but, most of the time these';lipstick lesbians'; are infact bisexual...


3.I don't like bi people or people whom are fake...I've been hit on by a few and find them hitting on a guy the next minute...I personally don't agree with it, but whatever floats your boat...
1. I think that when most men have fantasies about lesbians that they are 'lipstick lesbians.'


2. I am a lipstick lesbian but I am also a married bisexual. I do not do this because it is trendy. I do this because I like women.


3. I am viewed just like any other lesbian I've encountered.
Lipstick lesbian is another name given to femme lesbians. These women indeed exist and not for het male fantasies or because they are too afraid to be gay. These women are simply lesbians that enjoy their heels and makeup. They usually have a strong taste for butch women and enjoy being pampered. No they are not straight, no they act that way because its ';trendy';, they do not want to attract men, they do not enjoy male attention.


As goes with the entire butch-femme culture/community, the androgynous community of lesbians (';normal';), these types of lesbians are looked down upon as giving in to the misogynistic superstructure. Like they are trying to be straight. Not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers