Friday, December 4, 2009

What exactly is a lipstick lesbian?

A lot of lesbians seem to have problems with them (I identify as lesbian myself) I am trying to figure out the definition of ';lipstick lesbian'; and why a lot of other lesbian women don't like them? Please don't Google, copy, and paste because I can do that myself :). I'm looking for more of an explanation.What exactly is a lipstick lesbian?
Lipstick lesbians are the super girlie lesbians. As butch lesbians, would dress and appear more like a man, lipstick lesbians act and appear more feminine.What exactly is a lipstick lesbian?
short answer is a lesbian who still adopts a typically feminine aesthetic. Lipstick, heels, hose, high heels etc. Usually referred to as ';The woman'; in a lesbian relationship by straight folks. I think some lesbians don't like them because they think that it's ';selling out'; to the historically straight male idea of female beauty ... rather than embracing ';natural'; female beauty like arm pit hair, leg hair, bushy eyebrows etc...
A Lipstick Lesbian is a girl who follows the traditional ';looks'; of a feminine woman. It is difficult to pin down but the easiest way to remember is a Butch Lesbian is a woman who dyke who looks like a man or dresses or behaves like a man. In Queer as Folk USA Lindsay would be a Lipstick Lesbian.
A lipstick lesbian is a girly, girly lesbian who wears make-up, feminine clothes, has girly hairstyles, acts feminine (won't do dirty work). That's just the best generalization I can think up, though. XD





This is opposed to a butch lesbian who is a tough man with boobs and a vagina. A tomboy, basically.
As far as I know, a lipstick lesbian is one who only dates other feminine lesbians. I'm repeating that from what I read on here.





Butch lesbians are not wannabe men. Funny how it's usually men who say we are, I guess they must have issues with their own masculinity.
Most of the characters on L word would be examples of lipstick lesbians, with the exception of Shane, Papi and Tasha.
A girl that's pretty plastic to be honest. Make-up, girly clothes the lot. There's nothing wrong with that tho. People like different things. x.
one that is very pretty and and feminine and dresses well.
A GIRLY HOT GIRL.
I think it is the girly lesbain...one that likes make up and stuff
A lipstick lesbian is a female that will kiss another female but not do anything more than that. They don't really want a relationship with a female they just think that it's fun to make out at parties and clubs. As far as to why lesbians don't like them, I guess its because most lesbians want to be in a serious relationship and all a lipstick lesbian is to them is a tease.





I hope I helped.
the girly lesbian. very pretty. the butch lesbian is the male wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers