Friday, December 11, 2009

Question for femme/lipstick lesbians: does it bug you when straight people don't believe you're a lesbian?

This question is for those of you who identify as being either a femme lesbian (who's attracted to butch lesbians) or a lipstick lesbian (who prefers other feminine lesbians).





Does it bother you when some straight people (with their negative stereotypical notions of how gay people act and look) refuse to believe that you're actually a lesbian?





By that I mean, they assume there's no way you could truly be lesbian because you dress/behave in a feminine manner, and that you simply haven't met the right man yet.





Or these people incorrectly assume that you only say you're lesbian to get attention, given the recent trend of straight women pretending to be bisexual/lesbian in order to titillate and attract hetero guys (e.g. what you see in some of those ';Girls Gone Wild'; videos).Question for femme/lipstick lesbians: does it bug you when straight people don't believe you're a lesbian?
Yes it does bug me!





Other lesbians are guilty of it too and that's kind of sad.





So I did an experiment one day and changed my way of dressing to see if that really did happen. I basically dressed androgynous and walked around heavily gay populated areas and you know what?


Girls actually started to hit on me (mostly femme). Saddens me that I cannot wear whatever I want.





But still I have the hope that someone is out there and sees past my perfectly manicured nails or lovely fashionable pumps and finally gives me a chance.Question for femme/lipstick lesbians: does it bug you when straight people don't believe you're a lesbian?
Well It bothers me sometimes; A lot of the time its never ';you haven't found the right man'; its more of a huge shock to them. I have never had a situation where it has offended me though.
yes.... ignorance I can't stand it but you just have to learn to deal
As an Ultra Femme, I find it amusing when people meet me for the first time and learn that I am a Lesbian. I get remarks from '; I would have never thought you were gay'; to when I'm asked if I have a husband, I always politely smile and say ';No, I have a wife';. ';Oh, are you the man in the relationship ?'; I don't even bother explaining to them that in a long term Lesbian relationship, we both consider the other to be our wife ( long before it became legal) :) But I just take it with a grain of salt and wish them the happiness that I've found in the life

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers